Friday 11 March 2011

The Great Escape

It should be noted, that the planned route for this trip has changed almost every day. At some point you just have to say 'to hell with it', and today I did. So here's the final final plan which Almond will be instructed with first thing tomorrow morning. All the flights in bold are the 'big' flights, to be arranged by Almond. Everything else is done on the fly.

25 March. HK to Frankfurt.  There is absolutely fuck all in Frankfurt, so...
26 March. Frankfurt to Prague. (I'm scheduled to meet Graham on April 1st, so I have a few days to spare, so why not catch a 30Euro flight to somewhere nice?)
30 March. Prague to Frankfurt.
31 March. Frankfurt to Buenos Aires.
1st April. Meet Graham. Stay in hotel for 2-3days.

What happens from here on, I don't really know. Patagonia, most likely, while the weather's still hospitable. It's planes, trains and automobiles territory. Graham wants to get a 4-wheel drive - not a bad idea at all.

By last week of April, Graham has to fly back to NYC. I, on the other hand can stay on in Buenos Aires for a few more days, or move on. I think I'll move on.

27 April. Buenos Aires to Lima. At this point, hopefully, I'll be greeted by Ladi's friend Javier. I have read that Lima is a great place for food. After a month in Argentina (which, let's face it, is not known for its culinary excellence), i think this will be a welcome change.

From here it's a round trip via Cuzco, Machu Pichi, then into Bolivia and finally back to Lima.

7 May. Lima to Los Angeles.
Go straight to San Diego to see Brooks. If Brooks is too busy with new child, then up to San Francisco to see Shannon. From this point onwards, it's the great (north) American adventure. Trains, planes and automobiles.

Jackon Hole. Yeollowstone. Chicago. Boston. New York. And a million places in between.

27 May New York to Frankfurt. Back to Europe. I plan to spend the whole summer in Europe, but at this point I think the plan can take care of itself.

Final flight.
August 30. Frankfurt to Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment